Sunday, April 14, 2013

Packy's My Favorite Number

by Miles

Packy's now 51 (the jersey number of my favorite baseball player: Daddy), and the oldest Asian male elephant in North America!

To celebrate Packy's birthday, here's a collection of my zoo pictures over the past year or two.

I'm not sure if this is Packy or not; can you tell? (click on photo to refocus)

March 4, 2012

Our trips to the zoo (especially on busy days) often start out with a bus ride from the parking lot:


April 7, 2012

After warming up by watching cars through the glass, I like to look at some of the animals through the glass:


March 4, 2012


October 20, 2012

My favorite animal is, of course, the crocoMiles:


April 7, 2012

Mom and Daddy's favorite animal is the Pop-O-MaticMiles


April 7, 2012

Giraffes are tall, and who knew they were also fast!?


January 19, 2013


January 19, 2013


March 4, 2012

And zebras are stripy:


March 4, 2012

The strangest animal I've seen at the zoo has to be the 6-foot tall bunny that drops eggs all over the lawn. We've gone to the zoo in both 2012 and 2013 to pick up the eggs and candy he left behind:


April 7, 2012


April 7, 2012


March 30, 2013


April 7, 2012


March 30, 2013


April 7, 2012


April 7, 2012


April 7, 2012

Last fall, a new baby elephant was born named Lily:


January 19, 2013


January 19, 2013

Not Lily:


April 7, 2012

Also not Lily:


January 19, 2013

I like riding the animals at the zoo:


January 19, 2013


March 4, 2012

But I've now learned not to taunt them:


January 19, 2013

See, one time I thought the lions were sleeping:



So I went joy-riding on their baby's statue:


April 7, 2012

But Daddy woke up:



Then Mommy woke up:



And Auntie woke up:



But, they weren't going to take their revenge out on me...



...what is he looking at?


October 20, 2012

Sean, look out!

Word must have spread, look at how annoyed the caracal looks:


October 20, 2012

And the cheetah is giving me the cold shoulder:


April 7, 2012

I'll have to bring them a slice of Packy's birthday cake to get back on their good side!



P.S. Late additions below:


July 15, 2012


July 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miles and Sean want to know what you think: