Saturday, March 15, 2014

Marshmallow P.I.

by Miles

I have to confess. Yesterday, after I wrote the subject line for this post, I badgered Mom into making me a marshmallow pie, then spent 3 hours running in circles around the house and forgot to finish the post.

Yesterday was March 14th, and do you know what that means?

That's right, Veronica Mars is back, right on time for P.I. day!

I've just been handed a correction: It was pi day! Not like Keith or Magnum, like Archimedes! I guess that means the Veronica thing is just a coincidence.

[Aside: Back in the day, Mom and Daddy were 09'ers, but trust me, there's a huge difference between their 909 and Neptune's 90909!]

Speaking of running in circles, have I told you about my trip to Oaks park a few weeks ago? (Did that work as a nonsequitor segue?)

I ran in circles:


So did Sean:


OMG, Best...train track...ever:


Oaks Park is pretty cool. They'd be even cooler if they'd celebrate Oktoberfest on my birthday instead of the weekend before:


I showed Sean the fun mirrors, and I even let him think he was as tall as me:


Shh, don't tell him the truth. Little kids need a boost every now and then.


I had so much fun by Oaks Bottom that I dragged Daddy back there the next weekend to ride a train:


And I quickly ditched him to hang out with my new friend:


I showed her Oaks Park and told her I'd take her there to run in circles with me some day:
 
[Ed note: Train tracks that Miles and Sean ran on are NOT pictured near this big, fast, heavy, dangerous train.]

The train took us back to the museum, where I checked out the trains.






Is that a hemi?


It was a great day, but eventually we had to say our goodbyes...a long time ago, we used to be friends:


☺

P.S. It's holiday season once again. We may not be able to keep the pace up like V-Day week, but we'll try to highlight the start of spring, and you know we won't miss Green Day (hint: I get to pinch people).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miles and Sean want to know what you think: