With a new year comes new responsibilities.
Thus, I present to you part three (of three) of my 2012 Fourth of July Adventure (parts one and two)!
Fun Fact #1: Some say if I spent more time uploading photos and less time researching fun facts, this would be a better blog! What can I say, "I love my Ducks!" And here you go: 111 MB of photos!
As mentioned at the end of part 2, we went on a post-Fourth of July, pre-Sean babymoon to Newport.
On the way, we stopped at Pacific City to have lunch at (the big) Haystack Rock, where we soaked in some sun:

I did my best JFK impersonation:
And my best Ed Smith impersonation:
The seagulls were impressed.
Alas, the Seattle Osprey were not, so they went with Russell Wilson instead (but I promise I have better knees than RG3).
We drove on to Newport, and made it in time for sunset.
Alas, we arrived on the hottest day of the year, and, coastal Oregon hotels have large, west/sun-facing windows, but they are not equipped with air conditioning, so we spent a few hours shivering on the balcony instead of sweating in our beds:
The next day, we explored the dock that floated from Misawa, Japan to Agate Beach after the 2011 tsunami sent it out to sea:
Although marine biologists were afraid of invasive species, I was only aware of one: Sean:
We headed across the bridge to the Aquarium:
I discovered that jellyfish are cool!
So are sea lions:
I waited forever to see the Sea Otters feeding, but they ate out of sight. I assume they are cool too:
I liked the Penguin-looking Murres:
Daddy and I checked out the Seahorses:
And he taught me to fake-fish (we need another Lost Lake trip for the real thing):
We would have needed a bigger boat had we caught one of these:
I climbed on the turtle statues. They felt faster than the real thing:
Except for this guy:
Then we went back to the beach for more fun:
Daddy showed me how to fly an airplane:
Finally, we went back to our hotel for some R&R and another sunset:
On our way out of town, Mom and Daddy wore me out with a playground. It had the coolest slide I've ever seen:
Fun!
I want to take Sean back next (this) year!
Happy New Year!
☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Miles and Sean want to know what you think: