Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Grandparents' Day (And Duck Training)

by Miles

It's nearing the end of summer, and you know what that means, right?

Happy Grandparents' Day!

In summer, lakes are fun. Lost Lake is one of my favorites, but that's another post. This one is about a lake closer to home: Summerlake.

Last time I wrote about ducks, you may remember, they were a bit underwhelmingly intimidating.

So, I met up with the Ducks at Summerlake Park to get them ready for Nicholls State and the rest of their 2013 season.
First, I fed the Ducks some duck food, to get them big and strong. Here duck, duck:



GOOOOOSE!!!



Unlike the genetically-fearless Oregon Ducks, Sean watched the birds from the safety of his stroller because the geese were bigger than him, except for the baby ones seen here:



Daddy helped me train myself too:



Here, I'm helping coach the Ducks' pass-rush:



I scouted the competition:



And I worked on my own cardio by entering a bike race:



Here, I'm combining cardio with coordination-training by not using feet on the downhill:



I won a medal and posed with my #1 fan:



Look at how intimidating the final product was (I sure am glad I'm not a Beaver - Oregon State can't even beat Swoop the Eagle, let alone Miles-trained Ducks!):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Miles and Sean want to know what you think: