Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Hawks Lost!

by Miles

And you know what that means, right?
With the Boise Hawks' loss to the Hillsboro Hops in the South Division playoffs, the Hops are in the Northwest League Championship series starting earlier tonight!

They've already won Game 1 against 3-time defending champs Le Couve (the Canadian equivalent to Washington's "The Couve"), but last time we talked about Vancouver sports, you may remember, Vancouver didn't fare so well.

I thought I'd whet your appetite with some baseball pictures from this summer.

As you may remember, I'd never seen the Mariners lose.

Unfortunately, in April, I had to watch some guy named Felix (sounds like a JJ Abrams NYU chick) and his blurry arm pitch against the worst team in the majors, so they lost. Hopefully this Felix kid will be able to turn it around and win a couple games for the M's.






Despite the loss, I still had fun, especially at the best part of every Mariners' game (and Daddy's softball games): the playground in center field:


We also spent some time in Seattle that same weekend for Nana's birthday.

We went to Dick's and ate it at a very-Seattle location:






You may remember, 4 years ago, I impersonated Daddy. This time, I first played hide and seek with Sean:


Then I did my best 2010 Miles/1979 Daddy impersonation:


Finally, it was Sean's turn:


Sean wins!


For Father's Day, we went back to Seattle for another Mariners' game, again against the Rangers. This time, we got to see Kuma the Bear pick up a win. Kuma for Cy Young! Sean's still undefeated in Seattle! Get that kid playoff tickets now!


And, yes, we both agreed that the center field playground is still the best part of every game:



While in town, we represented the blogosphere by going hunting under bridges for trolls, to admonish them for their irritating comments.

Here's one:




When Grandpa Greg was at the beach with us for the 4th of July, we drove back into town to root on the AquaSox, and one of the Mariners' top prospects, 17-year old Luis Gohara!



We watched the Hops win (unfortunately, "we" were rooting for Gohara and Everett) on a rarely-seen 6-4-2-6 game-ending double-play, but Daddy was happy regardless because he finally got a taste of the "Big Boy Dog" for his dinner:


I was also very excited, because this season, the Hops debuted their own center field playground:




We made it back to Hillsboro on Sean's birthday, for his 2nd-straight baseball-themed birthday. Sadly, the Hops lost:










In lieu of centerfield-playground photos, here we are using the rightfield fence as a playground:


Finally, in late-August, Daddy and I went to another Hops game. Riding an 8-game winning streak, once again, our team lost:


Thus, I'll focus this post on the positive: The center field playground:




After the game, I got to run the bases! A little girl was too shy to run by herself, so I gallantly led her around the field (I even stepped on all the bags for her):




Yes, we will be at Sunday's potential championship game! Hopefully our luck will return!

☺

P.S. I had my first t-ball practice today! It was sooooo much better than soccer! Now, has anybody seen the center field playground?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miles and Sean want to know what you think: