In honor of CHD Awareness Week, we're going to try to drum up some traffic with a novel concept: Frequent Posting! That means you should scroll down, because you might actually have missed a post! For more on CHD Awareness Week, see Miles' post below.
It's mid-February, and you know what that means?

Mariners' pitchers and catchers reported today, and baseball season is here (with all the firetruck watching excitement it brings)!
Yesterday, the Hops' position players reported to 70-degree weather; one article I read mentioned our hitting coach, Mark Grace, and one of my favorite players of all time: Matt Tuiasosopo!
Thus, it's probably time to update you on my record as a fan through the end of 2013, and show some pictures of me at games.
If you recall, my fan-record going into 2013 was 6-0 at Mariner games, 4-1 at Minor League games (and something like 2-20 at Daddy's Industrial League softball games), and I had gone 3-1 total in 2013 through this post.
Well, I have bad news for you: I didn't get to go to any more Mariners' games, so they missed winning the World Series!
The good news is that I went 2-0 the rest of the year at Hops games; the Aquasox (yes, I was rooting for them) won on July 28th, and the Hops won on August 25th (yes, in a walk-off - Mom and Daddy also saw the Hops walk-off win on July 26th, without me).
Here's my view of the action through Jordan Parr's legs (he holds the distinction of hitting the 1st HR in the history of Hillsboro Ballpark):
Here I am as part of the Hops' modernized version of the knothole gang:
This season brings me to 7-2 at Minor League games (and 8-0 at Mariners' games). Sean is still 2-1 at Minor League games (and 1-0 at Mariners' games). I'm still taking donations of season tickets for your favorite team(s).
Date
|
Score
|
Miles' MiLB Record
|
Miles' MLB Record
|
Sean's Records
| |
Mariners 3, D-Backs 2
|
(walk-off)
|
1-0
| |||
8/9/09
|
Mariners 11, Rays 2
|
2-0
| |||
Rainiers 4, Beavers 1
|
1-0*
| ||||
Aces 8, Beavers 1
|
1-1
| ||||
Mariners 1, Reds 0
|
3-0
| ||||
Beavers 6, 51s 2
|
2-1
| ||||
9/6/10
|
Beavers 6, 51s 5
|
3-1
| |||
Mariners 2, Phillies 0
|
4-0
| ||||
Mariners 5, Red Sox 3
|
5-0
| ||||
Mariners 2, Giants 1
|
(walk-off)
|
6-0
| |||
Volcanoes 7, Dust Devils 6
|
(walk-off)
|
4-1
|
1-0
| ||
Mariners 3, Angels 2
|
7-0
| ||||
Hops 12, Emeralds 0
|
5-1
|
2-0
| |||
Mariners 6, A's 3
|
(walk-off)
|
8-0
|
2-0 / 1-0
| ||
Hawks 3, Hops 0
|
5-2
|
2-1 / 1-0
| |||
7/28/13
|
AquaSox 6, Hops 0
|
6-2**
| |||
8/25/13
|
Hops 6, Hawks 5
|
(walk-off)
|
7-2
| ||
* Yeah, I was rooting for the Rainiers!
| |||||
** Yeah, I was rooting for the AquaSox!
| |||||
Finally, if you're still unclear on what a Hop is, Barley, the mascot, is hiding behind me here:
☺
P.S. Bear and Nana, sorry if the subject line led you to believe this post was about you. I ♥ you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Miles and Sean want to know what you think: