Thursday, February 13, 2014

Vamanos!

by Miles

In honor of CHD Awareness Week, we're going to try to drum up some traffic with a novel concept: Frequent Posting! That means you should scroll down, because you might actually have missed a post! For more on CHD Awareness Week, see Miles' post below.

Guess what?! We only have two posts to go for CHD week!



Tomorrow, I'll tell you about my Valentine's Day fun:



But for now I want to tell you about the "virtual" Roar 'N Run I signed me and my mom up for. It's a CHD awareness week fundraiser that benefits the national Mended Little Hearts organization. Mom is participating in the 13.1-mile event; she committed to running/walking 13.1 miles between February 7 and 14. I signed up for the kids' event, which is 1 mile. It would have been even cooler if it was 1 Miles.

The event has a few goals:
  • Raise awareness of congenital heart defects
  • Encourage people to be heart healthy and active
  • Raise funds for Mended Little Hearts
And the best part is that we got medals to celebrate our achievements!



(My cool medal is around my neck, but guess what I'm holding in my left hand... why yes, it is my very own photo ID card for Tektronix! Thank you nice security guard for issuing me my own badge. I'm now officially a nerd!)



P.S. ♫...And Sean would walk 500 miles, and he would walk 500 more...♫

P.P.S. ♫Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)
Da-da-da dun-diddle un-diddle un-diddle uh da-da
Da lat da (Da lat da), da lat da (Da lat da)
Da-da-da dun-diddle un-diddle un-diddle uh da-da♫

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miles and Sean want to know what you think: